MHS GENESIS is Coming - September 23, 2023!
On Sept. 23, 2023, the Department of Defense’s new electronic health record (EHR), MHS GENESIS, will launch across Europe. MHS GENESIS will replace TRICARE Online at this facility.
What is MHS GENESIS?
MHS GENESIS is the new EHR that provides you and your providers with enhanced, secure technology to manage your health information. When fully deployed, MHS GENESIS will be the single health record for service members, veterans, and their families. >>Learn More about MHS GENESIS
What YOU need to do NOW:
As our staff adjusts to the new technology and workflows following our transition, wait times and frustration may increase. Taking care of routine, annual and preventive medicine appointments before the transition will greatly benefit the patient experience. We suggest:
- Schedule school and military physicals, wellness exams and routine appointments TODAY
- Complete Individual Medical Readiness due through December
- Refill routine prescriptions before Sept. 23 (ask for a 90 day refill)
- Set up your DS Logon and ensure your DEERS information is up to date to access the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
What is the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal?
Along with the new EHR, the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal is a secure website available 24/7 that gives you access to your health information. Through the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal, you can:
- View health information, including laboratory and radiology results
- Schedule appointments
- Communicate securely with care team
- Request prescription renewals
- Complete intake and screening forms in advance of appointments
- Access a health library
The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal is replacing the TRICARE Online Secure Patient Portal.
What does this mean for me?
MHS GENESIS and the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal are replacing TRICARE Online, including the patient portal and secure messaging at this facility.
- If you have a current TRICARE Online account, it will migrate to MHS GENESIS on Sept. 23, 2023. No action is necessary by you.
- If don’t have a DS Logon Account or if you have questions about DS Logon, visit the DS Logon website or call 1-800-538-9552.
What happens next?
Appointment availability from September to November may be affected and appointment wait times may increase as our staff adjusts to new technology and workflows. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we integrate MHS GENESIS to provide you with top-notch care.