In light of the current coronavirus pandemic, dermatology is following the Center for Disease Control and the Surgeon General's recommendations to decrease transmission through social distancing measures. Routine face-to-face initial and follow-up care to include skin cancer screenings have been suspended until after routine services are reestablished. Beneficiaries who have already established care with the dermatology clinic and have a follow-up inquiry OR have not yet established initial care but have an inquiry about their dermatology referral are invited to follow the steps outlined below to initiate a virtual web visit through Tricare Online secure messaging.
***Please limit the web visit to one skin related concern***
Beneficiaries whom do not yet have an active referral but feel that you need to be evaluated for a skin related issue or concern, should inquire with their PCM team at their assigned Military Treatment Facility for assessment and disposition of the issue. Grafenwoehr beneficiaries may secure message their PCM team or call the appointment line at (DSN) 590-5900 or (CIV) 06371-9464-3000.
Visit: https://app.tolsecuremessaging.com to login or create an account. Then follow the steps below.
Step 1: Click "Message your provider or health care team"
Step 2: Click "Web Visit" on the left side of the screen
Step 3: Select the patient from the drop down
Step 4: Under the "Select a provider" drop down, select: +Link to a new provider. A pop-up box will appear.
Step 5: Search for "Dermatology" under provider and "09114" under zip code.
Step 6: Select the clinic by pressing "SELECT" on the right. A request will be sent to the Grafenwoehr Dermatology account to add you as a patient. Please give us two business days to accept you. Once accepted, you will receive an email. You may then create a web visit by clicking the link on the left.
1. Click "Message your provider or health care team"
2. Click "Web Visit" on the left and select yourself as the patient and Grafenwoehr Dermatology as the provider.
3. Click "View All webVisit Clinical Interviews" in the yellow rectangle.
4. Select a relevant symptom or select "other reason" and follow the questionnaire. You are strongly encouraged to add photos under "Files".
A physician will reply to your online visit within two business days.
Please have someone take photos of your skin condition with the following guidelines to ensure high quality photos:
- Maintain a distraction-free and consistent background. A plain light blue or green background is considered ideal but a wall will also work well.
- Take multiple images from different angles. A minimum of two views are recommended: (1) from a distance showing the lesions in relation to the whole body, and (2) a close-up view
- Ensure good lighting where you take the photographs. In general it is better to use a flash.
- Ensure that proper focus is achieved and the lesion in question is properly focused on.