Patient Administration Division
The Patient Administration Division provides quality healthcare administrative service support to the Soldiers, Family Members and DoD-eligible beneficiaries of the U.S. Army Garrison Italy community and surrounding areas.
Scope of service:
- Medical Record Requests
- Release of Information
- Medical TDY / LRMC Shuttle
- Third Party Collections (TPC)/Other Health Insurance (OHI) Updates
- Active duty service members and dependents
- Retired service members and dependents
How to Schedule an Appointment:
Patients are seen on a walk-in basis during normal business hours or via email at:
Patients should utilize the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
(hyperlink: https://my.mhsgenesis.health.mil/) for Immunizations and Laboratory Results.
Patients needing a copy of their Medical Records for Retirement, Legal/Insurance, and Continuity of Care on the Civilian Network may submit DD Form 2870
- Submit DD Form 2870 with a copy of the front and back of the requestor's Driver’s License (to verify signature) to email@example.com
- Upon receipt, we will acknowledge receipt of your request via email. Normal processing time is 30 working days or less. The records will be sent to the email address provided, it will be by DOD Safe as a PDF with password protection. A separate email with the password will be sent to you so you may access your records.
Patients who are referred to a facility greater than 100 miles may be eligible for reimbursement. A Statement of Competent Medical Authority (CMA) for Medical Travel will completed by the Referring Provider.
Statement of Competent Medical Authority for Medical Travel – Service Member (SM)
Statement of Competent Medical Authority for Medical Travel – Family Member (FM)
This form will be processed by PAD and the patient will receive a Memorandum for Record for input into the Defense travel system (DTS).
The medical shuttle is available for patients with a referral to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center and/or adjacent facilities within Germany. Patients must see the Patient Administration Division (PAD) to coordinate travel and receive the completed Competent Medical Authority (CMA) packet discussed above.
DOD ID holders not on medical status may also utilize the medical shuttle at space available (SPACE-A). No reservation is need. Priority will be given to patients on medical temporary duty status.
The medical shuttle departs Vicenza to Germany with stops at Ramstein, and LRMC every Tuesday and Thursday. The pickup time is 0645 hours at the Health Clinic parking lot with the bus leaving promptly at 0700 hours.
The medical shuttle returns from Germany to Vicenza every Wednesday and Friday. The pickup time from Ramstein (Gate 1) is 0900-0915, and at LRMC Emergency Room is 0945-1000 hours.
Duration of travel is approximately 10 hours with two rest stops.
Individuals utilizing the LRMC medical shuttle will park on the Caserma Ederle west wall road adjacent to the Health Clinic (along the green fence line).