Optometry clinic is open to all beneficiaries. Please utilize the appointment line to schedule an appointment!
Walk-in physicals are from 0800-1000 for Active Duty only.
Walk-in for glasses repairs and orders - all day.
**For all Walk-In Physicals: If you wear glasses, ensure you bring them. Do not wear contact lenses.**
Things to know before your Optometry Appointment:
1. If you wear glasses, bring them (even if they are broken).
2. If you are being dilated, you must schedule an escort to drive you home after your appointment.
3. If you wear contacts, come with them in the case. Don't wear them to the appointment.
4. Refractive Surgery (PRK/LASIK) is only for Active Duty.
5. We only issue eyeglasses to military active duty or Reservists on orders for 30 days or more.
6. Retirees are only eligible for the Standard issue frame.
7. Know which protective eyewear your unit uses so we can order the inserts. We do not supply the protective eyewear, only the inserts.
8. Glasses take up from 2 to 4 weeks to be processed and returned from the lab in Pirmasens. Once they arrive they will be mailed to your CMR address. You may call or stop by the clinic at any time to inquire about your glasses or pick them up in person.
9. No children under 16 years of age will be seen without a parent present.
10. To re-order eye wear while deployed please go to https://g-eyes.amedd.army.mil/.
11. Patients coming from other Optometry Clinics in Bavaria for Special Testing (e.g. Optical Coherence Tomography, Photos or Visual Fields Testing), please contact the number above prior to your arrival.