TRICARE / Patient Liaison Service
During Weekends or After Hours, the on-call Patient Liaison can be contacted through the MP Desk 02-717-9769 for non-medical advice.
Host Nation Patient Liaisons can:
- Help plan your transfer from a Military Treatment Facility to a Host Nation medical facility or from a Host Nation facility to a military medical facility by civilian ambulance or by your privately owned vehicle.
- Ease language barriers between the patient and Host Nation Providers and provide the patient with a copy of the U.S. Army Europe Medical Phrase Book.
- Talk to your Host Nation physician to get up-to-date information on your medical condition and treatment plan.
- Answer questions about treatment, environment of care, and follow-up care to the best of their knowledge, or when doctors are unavailable.
- Assess and interpret patient concerns to determine specific assistance needs.
- Conduct follow-up visits to assess treatment progress and/or plans for the patient's transfer to other hospitals or Military Treatment Facilities.
- Assist with the discharge of a patient from a Host Nation hospital.
- Provide local resources for medical supplies and pharmacies.
- Per request, accompany you on your first visit to a Host Nation provider.