Patient Liaison Services
Host Nation Patient Liaisons are available to assist U.S. beneficiaries hospitalized in Host Nation medical facilities or without patient visits to a Host Nation specialty provider, upon request.
Patient liaisons can be contacted at DSN 590-3352/3342 or civilian 06371-9464-3352/3342. After hours, the liaisons can be reached by contacting the IOC at DSN 466-2819 or civilian 09472-83-2819.
Host Nation Patient Liaisons can:
- Help plan your transfer from a military treatment facility to a Host Nation medical facility or from a Host Nation facility to a military medical facility by civilian ambulance or by your privately owned vehicle.
- Ease language barriers between the patient and Host Nation Providers and provide the patient with a copy of the U.S. Army Europe Medical Phrase Book.
- Talk to your Host Nation physician to get up-to-date information on your medical condition and treatment plan.
- Answer questions about treatment, environment of care, and follow-up care to the best of their knowledge, or when doctors are unavailable.
- Assess and interpret patient concerns to determine specific assistance needs.
- Conduct follow-up visits to assess treatment progress and/or plans for the patient’s transfer to other hospitals or Military Treatment Facilities.
- Assist with the discharge of a patient from a Host Nation hospital.