Obstetrics and Gynecology
Pregnancy test are done on a walk-in basis during nursing hours from 0830-1030.
All other prenatal care and delivery are provided by host nation providers and hospitals.
Stuttgart New Baby Guide Book
Birth Certificate Requests
It's commonly misperceived that Army hospitals issue birth certificates. We issue a report of live birth to the U.S. Consulate, which that agency uses to issue a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or FS-240. The FS-240 is valid in all U.S. States and Territories as the equivalent of a birth certificate. To obtain a copy, follow the instructions at the Department of State.
While this form is not traditional birth certificate, it serves many of the same functions. For example, it can be used as proof of U.S. citizenship, in applying for a passport, a replacement social security card, in registering children for school, obtaining employment, and for similar purposes.
To replace, amend or request copies of a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, eligible individuals should mail a request to the Department of State. Eligibility is limited to:
- The individual whose birth is recorded on the document (if age 18 or older)
- A parent (for minors under age 18) or legal guardian
- The individual's legal guardian
- An authorized government agency, or
- A person with written authorization
The request must be notarized, include a copy of valid photo identification of the requestor and include a check or money order for $50, payable to Department of State. The written request must also include the following information:
- Full name of the child at birth
- Any adoptive names of child
- Child's date and place of birth
- Any available passport information
- Full names of parents
- If known, the serial number of the FS-240
- Signature of requester
- Legal Guardian(s) Only: A copy of the court order granting guardianship
- Requester's mailing address
- Contact number of the requested
The notarized request, copy of photo ID and payment should be mailed to:
Department of State
Passport Vital Records Section
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1213
Sterling, VA 20166-1213
Requirements sometimes change - for the most up-to-date information, please visit the State Department web site
and search for keyword "birth".
Women Infant Children
Information on the WIC-Overseas program can be found on the TRICARE website at Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Overseas