Army Wellness Center
Scope of Service:
- Metabolic Testing - Accurately measures how many calories a person actually needs per day.
- Fitness Assessments - VO2 Testing to assess cardiovascular fitness, strength measures and flexibility measurement. Review of results and fitness plans tailored to achieve personal goals.
- Energy Management (Stress) - Biofeedback Software that will teach energy management techniques and monitor heart rhythm.
- Educational Classes
- Upping Your Metabolism
- Nutrition for performance
- Introduction to Biofeedback (2 part series)
- Meals in Minutes
- Unit Assessments
- Check and Connect – A group educational forum geared to increase wellness knowledge in fitness, nutrition, and general health. Also, intended to be the accountability that some people need to meet their Wellness goals.
- Body Composition – is used to describe the percentages of fat, bone, water and muscle in human bodies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Who Can Use the Wellness Center?
All military ID Card holders can use the Wellness Center. Unfortunately, Local Nationals are not authorized to use the Wellness Center at this time.
How much do the services offered at the Wellness Center Cost?
All services offered are free.
What is Metabolic Testing?
Metabolic Testing uses advanced technology to analyze oxygen consumption to determine the Resting Metabolic Rate and caloric zones for weight loss, weight gain, or weight maintenance specific to the individual being tested.
What is VO2 Testing?
VO2 testing is measures oxygen consumption during exercise and gives individualized training zones to help achieve personal fitness goals.
Who should perform a fitness test?
Anyone interested in increasing their current level of fitness. We see people looking for weight loss as well as people looking for performance enhancement. Fitness testing will establish a baseline specific to the individual being tested. We encourage 30 and 90 day follow-up appointments to track progress.